Thursday, November 18, 2010

Humble Reality

Never been to trusting or willing to interact with the general public, so when an employee of a auto parts store offers to change out my car battery out of sense of goodwill, it takes a bit of effort on my part to just merely say yes, without retreat into myself self absorbed nature, but I did it and offered up some conversation, for if nothing else to make me feel a bit more comfortable in accepting assistance from another person. The cold night was only tempered by the heat exhausting radiating from the engine, yet the whole scene made me think about how my subtle transformation from my preconception about most people here in the states need some fine tuning, it was time for me to get over being such a crank, highbrow weirdo who would not responsed to something unless it happen to orginate on the far edges of reality or from another dimension entirely, yet this small event helped me feel more at ease in engage the public, good stuff, reason enough for a few drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment