Friday, July 9, 2010

Shop Day

Far and few between the days have seem like lately when all the crew get back together to relive some of the finer moments, recalling why life was meant to be lived in the first place, a rediscovery founded by a human being who understood the greater rewards existed beyond the constricted confines of the work place taking time to explore them and ultimately gain wisdom from the adventures that ensued. His influence has given invaluable reward over the past fifteen years and the confidence to breakaway from the typical brain dead path handed out to the commonplace laborer, the movie reels from my days play like French new wave counterculture midnight movies which without the influence of the man who we had all gathered together to remember today, might have kept me from setting out on such a caustic nonlinear go for broke journey to find out about how my past laid the foundation for my future from parents to parenthood, blue collar to white collar, and finally a mono culture America to a mulitcultured world.

I have never been too comfortable with groups of people no matter how well or little I might know them, granted if there is a lot of commonground which usually centers around narcotics, partying, and music my interest in conversation tends to swing from silent to overzealous either way causing more than enough uncomfortable moments for those around me. With such a large group of co-workers coming around today, it always makes me wonder why events like this are so few. The fact everyone in here has surrounded themselves with so much, from work, to children, to social insulation and a general desire to be aloof leaves me thinking about some of the causes for a minute, a largest looming fact that the one man we came to remember today was pretty much the glue for holding this loose network of people together and ever since his passing, we all have become marooned islands once more floating off back into our own little satellite worlds forgetting the lessons our guidance counselor, spiritual mentor, and good friend had taught us, which was don't get too caught up in the chaotic nature of life, there is no ryhme or reason, beauty, joy, and an appreciation of life don't come punching a clock, they arrive by spending time together, exploring the unknown, and not being afraid of risking everything to learn a greater truth not found in any book. These ideas have been my armor, my fierce resolve in the face of immense pressure, and lastly calming words to keep the chambered bullet from piercing my skull. Did anyone else getting such sacred philosophy from this man, not sure, but one thing I know my life has only benefitted from his presence in it, as I carry all the texts, the scrolls, the tablets, and papyrus of his knowledge through the rest of my days in an attempt to set as a great example of humanity as he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment