Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Terminal

Walking around like some lost desperate child who can no longer find his way home, tugging on my rollerbag like a blanket, dejected, worn down from attempting to wait out a flight delay due mechanical repairs that turned into the airlines not disclosing the full details, have not really dealt with any flight delays before, so did not really know how to handle the problem except to head over to the bar for a few hours and have a drink, which did nothing but only put me more behind schedule, could have left many hours ago, if I had cancelled my ticket then bought a new one, luckily I have a few friends who are travel savvy that gave me the proper advice in order to get to NYC, already have a 3 day reservation at Club Affinia, got the cheap deal so no refund, it was either eat a bit of money for a new ticket on the airlines or eat the hotel which would have been a lot more expensive, right to the internet and cellphone technology while trying not to get pissed at the operator after waiting for nearly 5 hours already for the plane, right at this moment I should be getting into JFK, yet am still stuck in Vegas for another hour and a half, has given me some time to write which is something I don't take advantage of enough.


But the big point revovles around the general feeling of tired anger which is really nothing but being a big baby, there have been many times when I have pulled off worse running on empty type of travel days, boarding the plane stone drunk or worse, to snore the entire 5 hr flight only to land in another strange town to work and hopefully catch a bit of sleep. Feeling sorry for myself what a loser, slinking around like a lost soul, having to leave the terminal after canceling my first ticket, my nerves were feeling edgy, not a good time to be in public could regress into that mentality my mom seems to carry around like a boat anchor attached to her neck, everything was beginning to take on an abrasive tone, people everywhere, they are multiplying and getting dumber by the day, stem the tide, do something, why can't education fix this? It took quite a bit of time to get my new ticket, handling the transaction over the phone, paying more for the new plane ticket did not sit well but there was not much left to do, had already built up so much hype around getting back out to NYC that cancelling now would have been a bummer for everyone, so action had to be taken, get through it, is the motto, but this and that, extra money for this seat, have to connect through this city with a long layover, and leave early in the morning, it was all screwing me, but I was still going which was much need, it has been at least five or six months since my last visit, NYC is my personal playgroun just as much as the people who come to Las Vegas think of that town as their personal playground, different tastes.

I finally got to the Jet Blue ticket desk then proceeded to walk into the wrong snake like maze and all the barriers to the maze are hollow tubular metal, so you can' t duck under them anymore, so it was back out throughthe maze then over to the Jet Blue maze, I was about on tilt as possible, nearly thought of eating the ticket and the hotel, just walk to the car, drive home then sleep the weekend away. Thankfully I sucked it up, waited for about ten minutes before a woman discovered the computerized check in, hooray, finally something positive I thank her and her husband who get me in the right direction, back to the fast lane with ticket in hand, things are starting to look up as long as I don't think about the time left waiting for my flight which is only an hour now, what a damn day, but the night will be better that is assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment